(And Be the Change.)
Excited by a new frontier that recognizes people’s legal rights, risks and remedies as fundamental to high-quality care planning and delivery? We’re recruiting 2 Law & Policy Consultants to join our team:
|Rhode Island-focused Law & Policy Consultant|
This new colleague will provide legal education and problem-solving insight to communities of care in Rhode Island and nationally, and . . .
Learn more or apply Deadline to apply: Dec. 31, 2021
|Massachusetts-focused Law & Policy Consultant|
This new colleague will provide legal education and problem-solving insight to communities of care in Massachusetts and nationally, and . . .
Learn more or apply Deadline to apply: Jan. 14, 2022
Screening for health-related social needs is one thing.
Helping people problem-solve successfully is quite another.
At MLPB, we’re invested in building the capacity of the health workforce to accelerate health justice.
Thank you for your support!
Designed for teams committed to human-centered social care, MLPB’s Digital Digest distills key law and policy updates across many domains of health-related social need that impact individuals, families, and communities.
A new internet discount program opens on December 31, 2021!
- Under the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible customers can receive $30 off their monthly internet bill. The ACP replaces the current Emergency Broadband Benefit program and its broader eligibility guidelines mean that more households can maximize their income!
Visit the RI and MA Digital Digest to learn more!
Discrimination & Health
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Must Protect The Rights Of LGBTQ And Other Parents (The Boston Globe, Dec. 2, 2021)
- U.S. Sues Uber, Saying It Discriminated Against People With Disabilities (The New York Times, Nov. 10, 2021)
- Discrimination Of Any Kind Can Lead To Much Higher Risk Of Mental And Behavioral Issues For Young People, Study Finds (CNN, Nov. 8, 2021)
Disparities, Inequity & Care (Re)Design
- Promoting Health Equity By Paying For Social Care (JAMA Health Forum, Dec. 16, 2021)
- Value in Medicaid, Part 2: Challenges Concerning Health-Related Social Needs (Health Affairs, Dec. 16, 2021)
- ACO and Social Service Organization Partnerships: Payment, Challenges, and Perspectives (NEJM Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery, Dec. 15, 2021) subscription required
- Addressing Social Determinants of Health Requires Stronger Public-Private Alliances (NEJM Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery, Dec. 15, 2021) subscription required
- Collective Action and the Social Determinants of Health (The Milbank Quarterly, Nov. 3, 2021)
Employment, Income Supports & Health
- Social Security Offices have Been Closed For Most Of The Pandemic. That Effort To Protect Public Health Has Wounded Some Of The Neediest Americans (The Washington Post, Dec. 18, 2021)
Housing & Health
- Los Angeles’s Anger At Its Homeless Is What’s Driving Karen Bass To Run For Mayor (The Washington Post, Dec. 18, 2021)
- A Refugee Crisis Runs Into A Housing Crisis (The New York Times, Dec. 15, 2021)
- How Tech Is Helping Poor People Get Government Aid (The New York Times, Dec. 8, 2021)
- Mayor Wu Drafts Immediate Plan To Move People From Mass. And Cass To New Housing (The Boston Globe, Dec. 3, 2021)
- Stable Housing Is A Key Tool For Economic Stability (The Boston Globe, Nov. 17, 2021)
- Evictions Rising Even As Rental Help From Congress Reaches Millions Of People (NPR, Nov. 11, 2021)
Transportation & Health
- On First Full Day As Mayor, Michelle Wu Asks City Council For $8 Millions To Make Three Bus Lines Free For Two Years (The Boston Globe, Nov. 17, 2021)
Utility Needs & Water
- Tribes Hope Infrastructure Law Means They’ll Finally Get Clean Drinking Water (NPR, Nov. 15, 2021)
- Judge Approves Over $600 Million Settlement In Flint Water Crisis, With Children Set To Benefit (The Washington Post, Nov. 11, 2021)