The government shutdown has been delayed until January 19, 2024, for some federal agencies and February 2, 2024, for others.
Last-reviewed: 3pm, Nov. 21, 2023
- Congress approved temporary funding to avoid a government shutdown this year. If a government shutdown occurs, it may happen in January or February 2024. A government shutdown would impact federal workers, agencies, and programs. Read more here.
- Starting September 25, 2023, households can order up to 4 free COVID tests from COVIDtests.gov.
- The MA COVID 19 public health emergency ended on May 11, 2023.
- Care team members can share resources and information regarding ongoing COVID-19 concerns and the end of the public health emergency to help families.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
- Massachusetts implemented a new dashboard to keep track of prominent respiratory illnesses. View Viral Respiratory Illness Reporting here.
- COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are available for those who are eligible. More information on vaccines and boosters here.
- For information on FDA-authorized at-home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic tests, visit FDA.gov.
The Bottom Line
- Care team members can share information and resources to help individuals navigate the end of the public health emergency.