Federal and state COVID-related health emergency ended on May 11, 2023.
Last-reviewed: 12pm, Aug. 23, 2023
- The Federal Health Emergency ended on May 11, 2023.
- COVID-19 vaccines and boosters are available for eligible people. More information about vaccines here and boosters here.
Health and Medical
- General information from the Rhode Island Department of Health regarding immunization is here.
- COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters, are available to all Rhode Islanders over the age of 6 months. Full vaccine information here.
- Testing and vaccinations are available at clinics and local pharmacies. Information about testing here and vaccination here.
- Track COVID levels here; influenza here; and RSV here.
- MPox (formerly Monkeypox) vaccines are available for those at risk of MPox. Vaccine information here.
- The Department of Behavioral Healthcare Developmental Disabilities and Hospitals has this resource guide for young people transitioning into adulthood which has information about healthcare, employment, decision making and more.
The Bottom Line
- Care teams can direct patients to their health care providers or to the Department of Health for guidance regarding public health, including vaccination information for COVID, flu and other illnesses or childhood diseases.