Law and policy matters for health, in summertime and every season!MLPB-June-2022-Newsletter
Join our team!
Law & Policy Consultant – MA-focused
Think different? Lawyer different. This new colleague will partner with communities of care in Massachusetts and nationally, and will support MLPB’s refinement of our team-facing legal partnering innovation.
We’re also seeking a talented and adaptive leader to join and lead a passionate, committed team into the next successful stage of MLPB’s growth and impact.
New Blog Post!
Next-Generation Social Need Screening: The Intersection of Individual-Level Needs and Institutional Violence
When change happens at the speed of trust:
Leadership reflections at the intersection of health and justice
Covered through the Delivery of Care lens, the interview covers wide-ranging topics including:
- Healthcare delivery transformation trends
- The leaked Supreme Court opinion draft
- Racial justice
Disparities, Equity & Social Health Integration
- Social Workers: A Neglected Partner In Health Policy And Public Health (The Milbank Quarterly, May 23, 2022)
- Why Are Massachusetts Latinos Struggling More Than Everybody Else? (The Boston Globe, May 17, 2022)
Education & Health
- State Releases Blistering Review of Boston Public Schools: ‘BPS Needs Immediate Improvement’ (The Boston Globe, May 23, 2022)
Health Care Access
- Advocates Unveil Plans To Bolster Abortion Access For Influx Of Women Seeking Abortions From Out-Of-State (The Boston Globe, May 13, 2022)
- Preventing Medical Debt From Disrupting Health And Financial Health (Financial Health Network, Mar. 28, 2022)
Housing & Health
- New Housing Strategy Behind Mass. And Cass Cleanup Offers ‘Hope, Dignity’ — And May Be A Solution To Homelessness, Officials Say (The Boston Globe, May 23, 2022)
Immigration & Health
- Communications 101: Closing The Language Barriers In State Agencies (The Boston Globe, May 23, 2022)
- E Pluribus Unum (New England Journal of Medicine, May 21, 2022) subscription required
Maternal & Child Health
- You Shouldn’t Need A Doctor’s Note To Switch Formula Brands (The New York Times, May 18, 2022)
- These Two Immediate Steps Will Help Alleviate The Formula Shortage (The New York Times, May 17, 2022)
- Parents Are Grappling With An ‘Impossible’ Baby Formula Shortage (The Boston Globe, May 12, 2022)