Thank you for visiting MLPB! You may have met us recently at one of the following events:
- The 7th Annual Root Cause Coalition National Summit – Achieving Health Equity: “What Are You Prepared to Do?“
- The 30th Annual A View from All Sides Conference
- APHA’s 2022 Annual Meeting & Expo
The handbook includes new tools for interested communities to use when planning and piloting legal problem-solving strategies as an element of care, including strategies that help:
- Fill the toolbox (activate legal problem-solving as part of existing system infrastructure);
- Avoid the wrong tools (recognize key boundaries in any legal problem-solving work); and
- Expand the toolbox (develop strategic collaborations to advance civil rights).
It also spotlights two key themes throughout, each of which surfaced robustly in our Learning Community’s dialogue: language access rights and the centrality of trust-building. This is not a “legal how-to” manual; instead, this is a resource intended to support stakeholders who share the convictions described on the previous page and want to explore legal problem-solving as an element of care.